Applying to GAP
Maybe God is calling you to dedicate a special year of service to Him. Ask Him, and see what He says. If you want to learn more, here is an outline of the application process which will help you with that discernment.
- Talk to your parents, outreach leader, or former Gappers. Let them know that you're thinking about doing a GAP year, and ask for their advice. Remember to keep them in the loop.
- Fill out the initial questionnaire by following the link in the menu on the left of this page. This is not an application, just a chance for us to get to know you better before applying.
- After receiving your questionnaire, if we think that there might be a good fit, we will email you the full application to complete.
- After we receive your application, a GAP representative will contact you to set up an interview.
- If you are accepted in the GAP program, you will receive a letter welcoming you to the program and notifying you of your placement.
- Other details to consider are:
- Applying for a visa
- Setting arrival date
- Obtaining health insurance
- Purchasing plane tickets